Because Botox is actually Botulinum toxin – a substance that has been used for the best part of a century for a wide range of medical purposes, there are some very real and potential dangers of using unlicensed practitioners for Botox injections. It is advisable to only use professionals when injecting Botox into your body.
What does Botox do?
- Botox reduces the wrinkles by cutting off the connection with the nerves and muscles; for numerous cosmetic purposes, Botox has been approved to lessen vertical frown lines between the brows.
- In 2013 Botox was also approved by the Medical Council to be administered to diminish crow’s feet.
- Botox has also been extensively used for numerous other beauty treatments, such as reducing wrinkles around the mouth.
Botox injections are comparatively safe when implemented by a practised medical practitioner or professional and most common side effects include some swelling and bruising at the injection site, headaches or flu-like symptoms; however there are other side effects that could arise if not administered by a professional.
There are potential dangers of using unlicensed practitioners for Botox injections:
- If the injections aren’t placed correctly, the medication may spread into adjacent tissues and cause problems which include drooping eyelids, skew eyebrows, crooked smiles and dry or excessive tearing of the eyes.
- Although improbable, there is a likelihood that the consequence of botulinum toxin may spread to other parts of the body and cause botulism-like signs and symptoms.
- If this happens it is imperative that you seek medical attention immediately – these symptoms could manifest itself from a couple of hours to weeks after receiving Botox injections.
Other symptoms include:
- Muscle weakness all over the body.
- Problems with your eyesight.
- Trouble speaking or swallowing.
- Difficulty breathing or swallowing.
- Uncontrolled bladder.
If you are pregnant or a lactating mother, it is advisable to stay away from using Botox as the end-results and effect on infants are still unknown.
Select your skin clinic with care is important:
Botox must be only ever be administered by professionals to ensure this is done correctly to avoid any unpleasant side effects. Botox can have many excellent benefits when properly controlled.