This is how we are striving to be part of the solution
As you know, we are currently experiencing a COVID-19 (The Corona Virus) outbreak throughout the whole world. President Cyril Ramaphosa declared COVID-19 a national disaster on the 15th of March. Due to this reason, I would like to outline what measures we have updated and put into place to keep our patients and staff as safe as possible, here at Dermology.
All protocols have been carefully checked and adjusted where necessary by Dermology’s Medical Practitioner, Dr Asmal. We have also followed protocols as per the WHO, to ensure we are doing everything we can from our side, to make sure the practice is a safe environment as much as possible for our patients and staff.
It is very important to limit the spread of the virus, by following social distancing. Therefore avoiding all social gatherings of all sorts, such as going to malls and functions. A good 1.5m distance is needed in between people, to avoid coming into contact with the virus droplets. Although this is not always possible, we have implemented the following updated protocols at the practice:
- If you have traveled, please wait at least two weeks before booking your appointment at the practice.
- If you have flu like symptoms, please reschedule your appointment.
- All patients will be reminded two days in advance, upon confirming their appointment, that should they feel ill or have traveled, to rather reschedule.
- We have sanitizing stations situated throughout the practice, to be used by patients and staff. Please sanitize your hands upon your arrival and when leaving the practice.
- Please don’t feel offended if we don’t greet you with a handshake or a hug as per usual. This is purely to follow #socialdistancing protocols and avoiding the spread of the virus.
- We are disinfecting the practice public areas such as the lounge, tabletops, reception, telephones, computers, card machines as well as the door handles more frequently than usual.
- The rooms will be disinfected as per usual between every single patient, but with extra precautions, this includes the bed, table tops, chairs and door handles.
- Each practitioner and specialist will thoroughly wash and sanitize their hands before and after treatment, as per usual.
- Gloves will be worn at all times during treatment.
Dermology is still open for business and will continue to provide high quality service to all our patients. We are very serious about fighting the curve of COVID-19 at Dermology, keeping our patients and staff safe. We ask that all our patients assist us with the above protocols we have put into place, for the safety of all of us. Together we can rise from this national disaster!