Each and everyone one of us are often stuck with a stubborn and often unwanted bulge found on our bodies that no matter how hard we exercise or restrict our diets it just won’t budge. We start searching for a “quick fix” to lose the jiggle, leaving us unhappy and often not with the realistic results that we had hoped for. What if we told you that there was a way for you to effectively lose those extra rolls with little to no downtime and without having to technically go under knife. Does this sound too good to be true? We promise it’s not, let us show you why…
Surgical body sculpting techniques are ever evolving to give us a safe and minimally invasive alternative to help us achieve our body goals.
Traditional Liposuction also known as “The real Lipo” is one of the most popular and vastly growing cosmetic body sculpting procedures in the medical aesthetic industry to date. It is one of the most effective ways of removing unwanted fat cells in localized areas of the body and has been that way since it first advanced its way onto the market in 1974 by Italian and French plastic surgeons. As we evolve over time, medical fat removal procedures do too. Liposuction has transformed itself into a hybrid species in order to provide us with the latest technology and deliver the best results that we could possibly want, known as Laser Liposuction.
Traditional and Laser Liposuction methods are both effective at removing unwanted body fat but there are some noticeable differences between the two that set the one apart from the other.
- Patient is admitted to hospital as procedure is performed under general anesthetic. This can increase the total costs of the procedure.
- A cannula (Metal straw) is inserted and physical manipulation is required for fat removal. This is ideal for the removal of large fat deposits but can often leave the skin bruised from the trauma caused to the nerves, blood vessels and surrounding connective tissue.
- No heat is administered thus providing no skin tightening benefits, often leading to sagging and dimpling of the skin.
- Slower Recovery, up to 6 weeks in compression garments.
- The patient is awake and the treated areas are injected with a local anesthetic as the procedure is done in Dr’s medical rooms. This makes the treatment more cost effective.
- The laser uses ultrasonic energy waves to to add heat and liquefy the fat, allowing for a gentler removal and more precision for body sculpting, ideal for smaller areas.
- This method leaves the surrounding tissue intact, making the treatment painless and with minimal bruising. Further fat loss loss is achieved as the body continues to break down fat and dispose of it through your lymphatic system.
- Extra heat from laser provides skin tightening benefits for excess skin, resulting in a firmer and more sculpted look.
- Faster Recovery, allowing you to return to work within 2 days post treatment and to wear compression garments for 1 week post surgery.
Laser Liposuction is the preferred alternative to many patients as it provides a safe and effective method of fat removal with minimal downtime, allowing you to resume your daily activities and return to work without anyone having to know your weight loss secret.
Who is the ideal candidate for liposuction?
Everyone can benefit from having some form of liposuction done to assist you in sculpting your body into the ideal shape and to banish those unwanted lumps and bumps. The perfect candidate would be a male or female over the age of 18 who is in excellent health and close to their ideal body weight but has struggled to lose excess kg’s that have not responded to diet and exercise. The final decision for candidacy is determined by the qualified surgeon. It is always important to have realistic expectations beforehand as your overall result is dependent on the severity of your fat loss.
How many treatments will you need?
Generally only one, yes, that’s right, only one treatment is needed to achieve the ideal body sculpted results which are then maintained through following a healthy lifestyle and eating a well balanced diet. This is often predetermined during your consultation and is dependent on the severity of your fat loss as well as the amount of areas wanting to be treated.
At Dermology we pride ourselves with working with the best in the business, as we believe that the results come from the experienced physician rather than the treatment method itself. Book your Laser Liposuction consultation with our Specialist Doctor today to start your journey to a slimmer and more confident you.