Have you ever seen someone with a magazine-ready face, but with a neck that does not really match?
People are becoming more aware of protecting and treating their necks and chests as well, not just the face. We see more and more treatments and products surfacing that does wonders for these areas. In my opinion, it should be standard procedure to treat the three areas together (at home and in treatment), not just the face alone.
However, we still see lots of patients who do not care so much for their necks yet as they are “too young” or “ the neck is not too bad”. Bad news is that skin on our necks and chests are a lot different to our face. The face actually ages slower, and responds quicker to treatment. Generally you just suddenly notice that your neck is not looking so okay anymore, and then you want to start treat it. Where best case scenario would be to PREVENT rather with more less aggressive procedures with less downtime.
So why are these stubborn areas still being neglected?
The neck and chest areas take longer to heal than the face. This is generally the case with most procedures, especially laser. However, if you start with preventative treatments, your downtime won’t be as long as your treatments will be less aggressive.
In the case where you have severe damage already, downtime will also not be bad as what it was with old laser technology. The industry has changed tremendously over the last couple of years which allows our Doctors to add minimally invasive procedures such as threads and anti-wrinkle injections. The combination ensures for great results!
Sometimes people just don’t realize the consequences to neglecting the neck and chest areas. It’s very easy to identify a neglected neck or chest, just because of the lack of SPF application. The proof is in the pudding.
At Dermology we offer Face, Neck and Chest Procedures as a combo price, because we understand the importance of treating the whole area to the JUST the face.
Common signs of aging or concerns on the neck and chest
Have you ever hear someone say “if you want to know how old someone is, just look at their hands” ?? The same applies to the neck and chest! These are common areas that gets neglected. Typical signs are:
- Poikiloderma/Turkey Neck
- Prominent Neck Bands
- Lines and Wrinkles
- Sagging skin
- Cherry angiomas
- Veins (Telangiectasia)
Sounds so scary, right? But don’t panic yet, there is a way out. Depending on the combination of concerns on the areas, we create a combo package to treat your skin every 3 to 4 weeks in the process of getting your skin back to basics and reversing those signs of aging.
- First things first: Broadspectrum Spf50. The importance of sunblock cannot be stressed enough. Sunblock should be applied every day, whether the sun is shining, whether it’s snowing or if you are in your office the whole day. Nowadays we have a really nasty BLUE LIGHT coming from our devices and electronic equipment which is a huge cause of premature aging.
- If you don’t have severe signs of aging yet, I would suggest to start off with BBL Forever Young. This is world class procedure with NO DOWN TIME. A clinical study was done on BBL Forever Young, where they treated a group of people twice a year with BBL Forever Young, for 9 years!! And the results were that they all looked 10 years younger than when they started the treatments.
- And if you want to be a bit fancier, you can even combine BBL Forever Young with Skintyte, we call this combo TYTE & BRYTE. Brilliant to stimulate collagen production, keeping sundamage under control and actually reversing signs of aging. Therefore you are reducing your chances significantly on developing the typical signs of aging on those areas.
But what if you are already showing signs of aging on your neck and chest?
No reason to panic!! Our industry evolved so much over the last couple of years. There are fantastic procedures available to treat these concerns, non-surgically or minimally invasive.
- After assessing the skin, a common combo to go for is the Neck Perfekt Procedure. This includes a combination of world class laser procedures to stimulate collagen, tighten the skin and clear out uneven skin tone. Typically it will include at least two of the following: Profractional XC, Nano Laser Peel and Skintyte.
- In more severe cases, we can also add injectables and threads. Depending on the severity, procedures such as anti-wrinkle injections, dermal fillers and threads brings amazing results, with little to no downtime. Combining laser procedures with injectables creates a whole new world of endless possibilities.
Get summer ready during winter
Now is a great time to treat the neck and chest areas, as we are wearing scarves and jerseys to protect us against the cold! No-body will know you are in the process of creating a beautiful decollete, ready to show it off during summer.
If you are concerned about your neck or your skin in general, come see us.
Call 0118831031 or WhatsApp 0764248809
or click below